Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is a leading consulting and mergers & acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle market companies in the outsourced business services sector, and buyers of these businesses. We assist our clients to develop and implement strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. Please visit our web site to learn more about our company and service offerings.
We are a small firm that continues (after more than 20 years) to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our office is located in Rockville, MD, convenient to many shops and restaurants, and the Metro.
We are seeking a smart, hardworking and ethical individual to join our firm. The ideal candidate possesses a sales-oriented mind set, strong verbal and written communication skills, a high level of interest in the M&A field, and a desire to work and grow within a small company environment.
This is an entry-level position. This person will work directly with the CEO and will have his/her own office. We will train the right candidate to satisfy the needs of this position and become a star performer in our team.
Main job tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing on various client projects and business development initiatives concurrently
- Drafting and editing documents including solicitation letters, summary level data and complete information memorandums including financial and operational data
- Making follow up calls to clients and potential clients regarding marketing, confidentiality agreements, financials etc.
- Being accountable for managing, planning and scheduling project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Conducting company and market research Certain administrative responsibilities as assigned
While some of the activities are financial in nature, this is NOT a financial modeling/ spreadsheet-intensive position.
- A minimum of a BS or BA four year undergraduate college level degree (preferred majors: Business, Economics, Marketing, Communication)
- Strong and effective communication skills – social media, verbal and writing
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, time management a must
- Confident, outgoing, entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability and willingness to communicate with owners and decision makers of businesses directly; good phone etiquette
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and a comfortable working knowledge of contact databases (such as ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix) and social media (such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter)
- Positive, can-do attitude, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Pleasant, up-beat, professional personality a must
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes benefits, 401k and up to three weeks paid time off in the first year of employment. To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title of the position in your subject line. Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. We are sorry, but due to the volume of applications we receive only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is a leading consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominately middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. We assist our clients in developing and implementing strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies.
We are seeking 1-2 motivated, dependable and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors and seniors to work as interns in a research role with our close-knit team.
- Internet and market research of companies, contacts, associations and publications
- Financial statement analysis
- Data entry
- Light marketing
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Proactive team player
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow direction
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix, is a plus
Hours: Part-time, unpaid
Location: We are located within walking distance of the White Flint Metro. There is a parking lot in front of our office, and we will cover the cost of parking should you choose to drive.
How to apply: Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship – Your Name.” Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Spring: February (Application deadline: January 15)
- Summer: June (Application deadline: May 15)
- Fall: September (Application deadline: August 15)
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an equal opportunity employer.
M&A Pricing Snapshot
March 30, 2015
Buyers of accounts receivable management (ARM) firms are continuing their acquisitive ways, completing more transactions in a one-year time period in 2014 than at any point since the start of the Great Recession.
» see this post » all posts
Assessing the Consumer Credit Market with an Eye to ARM
March 25, 2015
Since the Great Recession, the road to recovery for the accounts receivable management (ARM) industry has been particularly bumpy. Adjusting to economic fluctuations has been challenging for service providers and big business clients alike, especially when state and federal government agencies continuously impose stronger regulations in an effort to shift blame and find their scapegoat.
ARM firms who adapted their business practices are capitalizing on... ....
» see this post » all posts
Moving Forward with Debt Financing
March 19, 2015
In January, we discussed the three main options available for financing an acquisition. Most of us don't have an extra $1 million on hand, so it's important to understand debt financing and the impact of interest rates - above and beyond making you pay more.
How do interest rates work?
The interest rate you pay on loans is the product of the real and nominal interest rates. Banks like to use the 10-year treasury rate as their benchmark metric for the.......
» see this post » all posts
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capital Hill
April 14th-16th, 2015
Why is right now so important? The beginning of the 114th Congress is upon us. As a result of the November elections, Republicans now control both the Senate and House, and there is a new determination to get things done. New congressional members are now learning what they need to know about the issues and concerns.......
FHI360 Conference Center
April 23rd, 2015
insideARM.com and the iA Institute host the third annual Larger Market Participant Summit.
This exclusive event caters to the unique interests of the larger firms in the ARM industry, with unparalleled peer networking, best practice discussion, panels focused on the latest issues... and no exhibit hall.
For senior executives only,.......
Four Seasons Hotel
Las Vegas, NV
May 6th-8th, 2015
This content rich educational conference gives the techniques, strategies and resources for maximizing collection and recovery outcomes. Our goal is to enrich the intensity of the conference for the exhibitor, attendee and sponsor alike with an unparalleled learning experience. This is an exclusive gathering of industry professionals like none.......