Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, we have assisted our clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. We are a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
We are seeking motivated, dependable, and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors to work as interns with our close-knit team. This is an unpaid internship; however, interns in the past have received college credit for their work at Kaulkin Ginsberg.
Responsibilities may fall into one or more of the following categories depending on the intern’s academic focus and interests:
- Analyze corporate financial statements
- Develop client market research reports
- Prepare industry benchmark analyses
- Contribute to enterprise business valuations
- Assist with design of client information memoranda for sell-side engagements
- Support the collection and creation of buy-side client research and marketing materials
- Research, collect, and analyze macroeconomic and industry-specific data
- Assist in modeling and forecasting of data
- Apply statistical analysis techniques, such as regression analyses
- Compose research reports, using data and findings to concisely convey information
- Write timely blogs explaining research findings
- Cultivate target lists for marketing initiatives
- Manage contact lists and update data
This internship provides accepted applicants with the opportunity to develop their research, analytical, and writing skills, among other things, in a professional setting.
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Excellent quantitative, research, and analytical skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Proactive team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Desire to work within a small company environment
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix (preferred but not required)
Spring: Early February – Late April (Application deadline: December 15)
Summer: Early June – Mid August (Application deadline: April 15)
Fall: Early September – Mid December (Application deadline: July 15)
Part-Time/Full-time Internship On-Site Hours:
Part-time interns should expect to work on-site between 10 to 20 hours per week for the duration of their internship.
Full-time interns should expect to be on-site 40 hours per week (7 working hours plus a 1 hour lunch break each day) for the duration of their internship.
270 Corporate Center, Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD 20874
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship – Your Name”. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
The Industry's Trending Topics
July 27, 2016
Sports enthusiasts may be familiar with ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" hosted by Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser. The two commentators frequently argue about the top stories of the day in "sports... and o ....
» see this post » all posts
Lessons Learned from the Trenches (Part I)
July 21, 2016
Most owners fantasize about the day they sell their business. Their visual includes heaping piles of cash, a blue-chip buyer, ceremonially tossing the keys, smiling faces all around, and driving off into the sunset in an expensive convertible with the top down. Paints a ....
» see this post » all posts
Semiannual Outlook for Q2 2016: A Strengthening Employment Rate
July 20, 2016
The state of the U.S. economy - especially the employment rate - has been in the spotlight as Election Day 2016 approaches. Although there is merit to both the Republican and Democratic job market narratives, overall the employment climate is improving.
The most common measure is the official unemployment rate (U3), which was at a seasonally adjusted rate of 4.9% in Q2 2016 - the same as Q1 2016. The U3 is just the tip of the iceberg with regard to the job market, ....
» see this post » all posts
Hilton Head, SC
August 2nd-4th, 2016
DBA International's Executive Summit is an intimate event designed to provide the right balance of education, discussion, networking, and breathtaking scenery. A limited audience ensures every voice is heard and the focus is on discussion, not presentations.
This beautiful beach ....
September 13th-15th, 2016
Dennis and Judy Hammond present Debt Connection Symposium and Expo 2016, focusing on networking and connecting with clients, service providers, product suppliers, agencies, attorneys - at a whole new level.
September 21st - 24th, 2016
Shaping the collection industry of tomorrow means understanding the key issues of today. The Federation of European National Collection Associations established three main fields of focus to the sustainable revolution of debt collecting: market and innovation, regulation and compliance, and over-indebtedness and debt advice. Each topic is ....