Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, we have assisted our clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. We are a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
We are seeking motivated, dependable, and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors to work as interns with our close-knit team. This is an unpaid internship; however, interns in the past have received college credit for their work at Kaulkin Ginsberg.
Responsibilities may fall into one or more of the following categories depending on the intern’s academic focus and interests:
- Analyze corporate financial statements
- Develop client market research reports
- Prepare industry benchmark analyses
- Contribute to enterprise business valuations
- Assist with design of client information memoranda for sell-side engagements
- Support the collection and creation of buy-side client research and marketing materials
- Research, collect, and analyze macroeconomic and industry-specific data
- Assist in modeling and forecasting of data
- Apply statistical analysis techniques, such as regression analyses
- Compose research reports, using data and findings to concisely convey information
- Write timely blogs explaining research findings
- Cultivate target lists for marketing initiatives
- Manage contact lists and update data
This internship provides accepted applicants with the opportunity to develop their research, analytical, and writing skills, among other things, in a professional setting.
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Excellent quantitative, research, and analytical skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Proactive team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Desire to work within a small company environment
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix (preferred but not required)
Spring: Early February – Late April (Application deadline: December 15)
Summer: Early June – Mid August (Application deadline: April 15)
Fall: Early September – Mid December (Application deadline: July 15)
Part-Time/Full-time Internship On-Site Hours:
Part-time interns should expect to work on-site between 10 to 20 hours per week for the duration of their internship.
Full-time interns should expect to be on-site 40 hours per week (7 working hours plus a 1 hour lunch break each day) for the duration of their internship.
270 Corporate Center, Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD 20874
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship – Your Name”. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Using Earn-Outs to Bridge Gaps in Purchase Price
September 28, 2016
Deciding on the structure of a sale is challenging on many levels. Once the purchase price is determined by a buyer and seller, both parties need to figure out how much cash will be paid at closing.
Most owners dream of selling their business in an all-cash transaction, but very few companies warrant such a bu ....
» see this post » all posts
What Makes a Leader Great?
September 26, 2016
Over the weekend, I read an article in the Harvard Business Review on the difference between good leaders and great ones. I assumed there would be a breakdown of the characteristics that separate good leaders from great ones, and advice on how everyone can become a great leader.
Instead, it talked about th ....
» see this post » all posts
Is the Wait for the ED Contract Almost Over?
September 19, 2016
There is a strong indication that the U.S. Department of Education is finally getting its act together and will award the unrestricted portion of its contract by the end of September.
Reference checks were recently conducted, which most insiders believe is the final step before contracts are granted. Assuming the wait is almost over - and arguably the most hotly pursued and closely scrutinized contract in recent history is finally awarded - what will it mean to th ....
» see this post » all posts
Delray Beach, FL
October 13th - 16th, 2016
Mike Ginsberg, President and CEO of Kaulkin Ginsberg, will lead a discussion on "Selling and Purchasing An Agency - Looking at it From Both Sides of the Table." He will have candid discussion in an open forum setting regarding the increasing ....
October 17th-19th, 2016
The industry's only event focused entirely on the unique challenges of first-party outsourcing. The inaugural summit on October 2015 was a wild success with more than 190 participants. No exhibit hall, multiple content tracks, intimate setting.
NARCA conferences provide a forum to attend cutting-edge educational sessions, earn CLE credits, attend client meetings, and network with professionals from creditors rights law firms, clients and credit grantors, buyers and sellers of consumer debt, and vendors of innovative products and services. NARCA conferences generally attract more
Las Vegas, NV
October 26st-29th, 2016
NARCA conferences provide a forum to attend cutting-edge educational sessions, earn CLE credits, attend client meetings, and network with professionals from creditors rights law firms, clients and credit grantors, buyers and sellers of consumer debt, and vendors of innovative products and services. NARCA conferences generally attract more ....