Full-Time Market Research Analyst
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector, and buyers of these businesses. We assist our clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies.
We are a small firm that continues, after nearly 30 years, to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our office is currently located in Rockville, MD, convenient to many shops, restaurants, and the Metro.
We are seeking to hire a talented and hard-working Market Research Analyst to join Kaulkin Ginsberg as an important part of a dynamic communications, consulting, and market research team. This person must be comfortable gathering macroeconomic and industry-specific data from public and private sources, distilling and offering specific insight and analysis on an independent basis, and utilizing industry-related research conducted through an active applied market research fellowship program with the University of Maryland. As such, this person must be comfortable working independently and in a college-level environment. This person will become a critical part of a fast-paced team that is responsible for conducting industry-related research, writing reports, and working on custom projects and deadline-driven client engagements.
This is an entry-level position. The Market Research Analyst’s time will be split between market research (75%), strategic consulting and M&A engagements (15%), and miscellaneous business activities (10%). We will train the right candidate to satisfy the needs of this position and become a star performer on our team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis skills such as econometrics and/or business statistics, as well as experience creating graphical representations of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Basic understanding of financial statements (preferred, but not required)
- Confident, outgoing, entrepreneurial attitude
- Desire to work and grow within a small company environment
- Willingness and skill to write thoughtful, readable articles, briefs, and market reports
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills, self-reliance, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
Main job tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on market research data
- Applying statistical analysis techniques, such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- Supporting the applied market research fellowship program at the University of Maryland
- Creating intelligible market/industry research reports and presentations that help drive strategy and planning through case studies and other analyses
- Writing insightful articles, briefs, and blogs
- Managing, planning, and scheduling project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Working closely with executives to address their research needs for market information, blogs, speaking engagements, webinars, etc.
- Assisting with administrative responsibilities and supporting various client projects and business development initiatives as assigned
While some of the activities are financial in nature, this is NOT a financial modeling/ spreadsheet-intensive position.
- 0-3 years post-undergraduate or related research experience
- Minimum of a BA or BS from a four-year institution (preferred majors: Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Communications)
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and a comfortable working knowledge of contact databases (such as ACT, Salesforce.com, or SalesLogix) and social media (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Ability and willingness to communicate with owners and decision makers of businesses directly; good phone etiquette
We are a well-established entrepreneurial firm that values a strong work ethic, professional development, philanthropy, and personal/family commitments. Compensation includes 401k and up to three weeks paid time off in the first year for full-time employees. We are seeking a reliable, capable, and enjoyable person to be with us for a long time!
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title of the position in your subject line. Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. We are sorry, but due to the volume of applications we receive only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is a leading consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominately middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. We assist our clients in developing and implementing strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies.
We are seeking 1-2 motivated, dependable and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors and seniors to work as interns in a research role with our close-knit team.
- Internet and market research of companies, contacts, associations and publications
- Financial statement analysis
- Data entry
- Light marketing
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Proactive team player
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow direction
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix, is a plus
Hours: Part-time, unpaid
Location: We are located within walking distance of the White Flint Metro. There is a parking lot in front of our office, and we will cover the cost of parking should you choose to drive.
How to apply: Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship – Your Name.” Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Spring: February (Application deadline: January 15)
- Summer: June (Application deadline: May 15)
- Fall: September (Application deadline: August 15)
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an equal opportunity employer.
Three Major Events Over the Past 25 Years
February 2, 2016
This year, Kaulkin Ginsberg is celebrating its silver anniversary serving the accounts receivable management industry. ARM has changed dramatically over the past 25 years. As I look back, three major ....
» see this post » all posts
M&A Trends in the Financial Services Industry
January 25, 2016
The financial services industry is a highly-regulated market with increasing levels of oversight as a result of the Great Recession. Although this area has many participants, financial service assets are concentrated and the market is consistently consolidating.
From October 2015 to January 2016 - just four months - there were 93 financial institution mergers alone. During the first three quarters of 2015, there were 224 mergers. That number excludes the 93 merger ....
» see this post » all posts
GC Services Deal Shows Everything Can Change
January 12, 2016
On Tuesday, we found out that ARM industry titan GC Services was acquired by Owner Resource Group, based in Austin, TX, and NB Alternatives Advisors, a subsidiary of Neuberger Berman. This transaction closed on December 31, but no one knew about it until now. Everything GC Services did, they did so quietly, s ....
» see this post » all posts
Las Vegas, NV
February 9th-11th, 2016
DBA International's 19th Annual Conference - Moving Forward Together - is one of the most well-attended events in the industry, attracting more than 1,100 participants. The event provides abundant networking opportunities with key players in the debt buying ....
San Antonio, TX
March 14th-16th, 2016
Join the American Collectors Association of Texas for their 68th annual conference and southwest exposition. Build relationships as you exchange ideas with fellow members. Gain insight from their experiences and share bold ideas and solutions of your own. This conference is your time ....
St. Charles, MO
March 21st - 23rd, 2016
The Debt Collection Forum brings together senior-level executives, front-line collection managers, and compliance professionals from across the country to provide real-world solutions and strategies to problems we encounter every day. Join us at the ....