Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is a leading consulting and mergers & acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle market companies in the outsourced business services sector, and buyers of these businesses. We assist our clients to develop and implement strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. Please visit our web site to learn more about our company and service offerings.
We are a small firm that continues (after more than 20 years) to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our office is located in Rockville, MD, convenient to many shops and restaurants, and the Metro.
We are seeking a smart, hardworking and ethical individual to join our firm. The ideal candidate possesses a sales-oriented mind set, strong verbal and written communication skills, a high level of interest in the M&A field, and a desire to work and grow within a small company environment.
This is an entry-level position. This person will work directly with the CEO and will have his/her own office. We will train the right candidate to satisfy the needs of this position and become a star performer in our team.
Main job tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing on various client projects and business development initiatives concurrently
- Drafting and editing documents including solicitation letters, summary level data and complete information memorandums including financial and operational data
- Making follow up calls to clients and potential clients regarding marketing, confidentiality agreements, financials etc.
- Being accountable for managing, planning and scheduling project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Conducting company and market research Certain administrative responsibilities as assigned
While some of the activities are financial in nature, this is NOT a financial modeling/ spreadsheet-intensive position.
- A minimum of a BS or BA four year undergraduate college level degree (preferred majors: Business, Economics, Marketing, Communication)
- Strong and effective communication skills – social media, verbal and writing
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, time management a must
- Confident, outgoing, entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability and willingness to communicate with owners and decision makers of businesses directly; good phone etiquette
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and a comfortable working knowledge of contact databases (such as ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix) and social media (such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter)
- Positive, can-do attitude, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Pleasant, up-beat, professional personality a must
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes benefits, 401k and up to three weeks paid time off in the first year of employment. To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and the title of the position in your subject line. Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. We are sorry, but due to the volume of applications we receive only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is a leading consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominately middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. We assist our clients in developing and implementing strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies.
We are seeking 1-2 motivated, dependable and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors and seniors to work as interns in a research role with our close-knit team.
- Internet and market research of companies, contacts, associations and publications
- Financial statement analysis
- Data entry
- Light marketing
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Proactive team player
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow direction
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix, is a plus
Hours: Part-time, unpaid
Location: We are located within walking distance of the White Flint Metro. There is a parking lot in front of our office, and we will cover the cost of parking should you choose to drive.
How to apply: Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship – Your Name.” Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Spring: February (Application deadline: January 15)
- Summer: June (Application deadline: May 15)
- Fall: September (Application deadline: August 15)
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an equal opportunity employer.
Valuation May Be the Most Effective Strategic Planning Tool
November 16, 2015
Do you truly understand the value of your business?
If you're like many executive teams, you're wrapping up your fall strategic planning session and finalizing your 2016 budget. As a part of this effort, did you also conduct an objective valuation of your business? If the answer is ye ....
» see this post » all posts
Getting to Know the Utilities Industry
November 10, 2015
The utilities industry is a highly-regulated market with tremendous regional fragmentation despite its maturity. However, it presents excellent opportunities for ARM companies.
Utilities collections accounted for $550 billion in revenue for the ARM industry in 2014. This market segment is comprised of three broad sectors - electricity, gas, and water - but electricity and gas are projected to account for 97.6% of all utility revenue in 2015. Overall, Kaulkin Ginsb ....
» see this post » all posts
Fundless Sponsors are Sprouting Up in the Lower Middle Market
November 4, 2015
Hardly a week goes by when I'm not contacted by a financial-type investor looking for quality companies to buy. In the past, these solicitations were infrequent, and they were typically made by marketing specialists from large, established private equity firms. In today's competitive M&A marketpla ....
» see this post » all posts
Las Vegas, NV
February 9th-11th, 2016
DBA International's 19th Annual Conference - Moving Forward Together - is one of the most well-attended events in the industry, attracting more than 1,100 participants. The event provides abundant networking opportunities with key players in the debt buying ....
April 20th-21st, 2016
Sea Island, GA
April 24th - 26th, 2016
ICG was originally formed by Dennis Punches nearly five decades ago, in 1967, as Men of Ideas. As the CEO and Founder of Payco American, the largest collection agency in the world at the time, Dennis wanted to establish a group comprised of decision makers from the largest debt collection agencies in the world to meet once a year. ....