Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, we have assisted our clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. We are a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
We are seeking motivated, dependable, and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors to work as interns with our close-knit team. This is an unpaid internship; however, interns in the past have received college credit for their work at Kaulkin Ginsberg.
Responsibilities may fall into one or more of the following categories depending on the intern’s academic focus and interests:
- Analyze corporate financial statements
- Develop client market research reports
- Prepare industry benchmark analyses
- Contribute to enterprise business valuations
- Assist with design of client information memoranda for sell-side engagements
- Support the collection and creation of buy-side client research and marketing materials
- Research, collect, and analyze macroeconomic and industry-specific data
- Assist in modeling and forecasting of data
- Apply statistical analysis techniques, such as regression analyses
- Compose research reports, using data and findings to concisely convey information
- Write timely blogs explaining research findings
- Cultivate target lists for marketing initiatives
- Manage contact lists and update data
This internship provides accepted applicants with the opportunity to develop their research, analytical, and writing skills, among other things, in a professional setting.
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Excellent quantitative, research, and analytical skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Proactive team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Desire to work within a small company environment
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix (preferred but not required)
Spring: Early February – Late April (Application deadline: December 15)
Summer: Early June – Mid August (Application deadline: April 15)
Fall: Early September – Mid December (Application deadline: July 15)
Part-Time/Full-time Internship On-Site Hours:
Part-time interns should expect to work on-site between 10 to 20 hours per week for the duration of their internship.
Full-time interns should expect to be on-site 40 hours per week (7 working hours plus a 1 hour lunch break each day) for the duration of their internship.
270 Corporate Center, Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD 20874
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship – Your Name”. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Possible H-1B Visa Reform on the Horizon will Impact the ARM Industry
February 24, 2017
Human capital is a crucial aspect of efficient and innovative business processes, as well as a country's long-term growth potential. As such, the implications associated with changing the existing H-1B visa program structure will have far reaching consequences on all industries, including the outsourced business services. ....» see this post » all posts
Establishing Value Before Going to Market
February 1, 2017
Kaulkin Ginsberg recommends business owners establish a realistic value for their business before going to market. This ensures we are on the same page with our clients, and avoids causing undo stress to the management team by starting and stopping a sale process....» see this post » all posts
Check Payments: A Dying but Meaningful Market
January 19, 2017
Before the 21st century, collecting bad checks was one of the largest sources of new business for debt collection agencies. Innovations in fintech are continually changing consumers' transaction modes through the use of advanced technologies like mobile payment systems, and checks are becoming increasing rarer as a means of noncash payments. We examine trends within checking and discuss how changes in this market will affect the ARM industry. ....» see this post » all posts
Mike Ginsberg Leading Panel Discussion at DBA International 20th Anniversary Conference
February 1, 2017
Mike Ginsberg, President and CEO of Kaulkin Ginsberg, will be speaking in a panel discussion on Trends in Debt Buying on Wednesday, February 8th at the DBA International 20th Anniversary Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada....
Spring 2017 Research Fellowship Program Analyzes International Outsourced Business Services
February 1, 2017
Kaulkin Ginsberg, the leading consultancy and M&A advisory firm for the outsourced business services (OBS) industry, began the eighth semester of its Research Fellows Program on January 30th in conjunction with the University of Maryland, College Park's Department of Economics. Fellows will be analyzing and developing market research reports on the German, U.K., Australian, and Canadian OBS industries, with a particular focus on collection agencies and call centers.....
Kaulkin Ginsberg Releases the Healthcare RCM Overview
November 1, 2016
This report provides analyses of the current and anticipated challenges facing the healthcare market, trends facilitating growth, and an outlook for the future.....