For most of us, the holiday season is a time of cheer. Friends and family gather around to spread joy and laughter, and also reflect on the past year. For accounts receivable management (ARM) professionals, 2017 has had its ups and downs – from the inauguration of a new President, to the protracted procurement process for the Department of Education, to the data breach at Equifax, to name a few of the head turners of this past year.
2017 was an expansion year at Kaulkin Ginsberg Company. In addition to our vibrant M&A and consulting business, we added the following resources to better serve ARM professionals:
- We launched KG Prime, our exclusive, members-only, comprehensive online resource to assist busy professionals in the ARM industry in making informed business decisions. If you’re not part of this community already, click here to request your company code. Some of the highlights of KG Prime include:
- Informative podcasts addressing critical industry developments and featuring influential Subject Matter Experts. We ended the year with a series of podcasts focused on the state of affairs regarding technology advancement, mergers and acquisitions, compliance, and economic indicators.
- Timely market segment analyses of market segments including healthcare, telecommunications, credit unions, and recently added federal government.
- KG Prime is also home to our annual benchmark study. Our market research team aggregated data from ARM companies ranging in size from $5 million to $50 million in annual revenue, with vastly different organizational and business structures. The team sorted through all of the financial statements, normalizing adjustments, and operating metrics for each company. The report includes three years’ worth of summary level statistics, aggregated financial statements, financial ratio analyses (profitability, liquidity, efficiency, and leverage), operating statistics and key performance indicators, and is available exclusively to KG Prime Universal Members.
- We released the KG Index, with the goal of examining the effects of specific economic variables impacting the ARM industry relative to a base period of Q4 2007. After statistical analysis of nearly three dozen economic variables, it was determined that consumer bankruptcy filings, retail sales, official unemployment rate, and the home price index had the greatest level of statistical significance to the ARM industry. Going forward Kaulkin Ginsberg will release this index on a quarterly basis, typically two months after the previous quarter ends. Currently, there are two indexes – Q2 2017 and Q3 2017.
- In conjunction with our sister company Topline Valuation Group, we released the Strategic Valuation Assessment (SVA). This newly designed report offers an in-depth assessment of their company’s enterprise value, including an interpretation of market value relative to transaction structures and current market conditions. Our qualified team also provides valuable recommendations for ways to increase value as you position for the eventual sale of your business.
- We wrapped up our4th year of the Fellowship program at the University of Maryland at College Park. Fourteen carefully selected undergraduate students in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Department of Economics, analyzed the auto loan financing, truck shipping, physician healthcare, and northeast state government markets.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a time to confidentially discuss market conditions or your specific needs, please let me know. As a token of our appreciation for your continued support of our firm, we would like to offer you Universal Membership on KG Prime at 50% off the current price of $395 if you sign up before the end of 2017.
From all of us at Kaulkin Ginsberg, we wish you Happy Holidays and a joyous and prosperous New Year.
Comments are closed.